2020-21 call for proposals
The Friends of Seymour Center, a volunteer support group affiliated with the Seymour Marine Discovery Center and Institute of Marine Sciences, has committed funds to support both student research and education projects in the marine sciences. Awards will be made to both UC Santa Cruz undergraduate students and graduate students (both masters and doctoral graduate students will be considered).
Awards are made possible from annual income on six endowed funds:
- Jane McHenry Student Award
- Lillian McPherson Rouse Student Award
- Friends of Seymour Center Student Award
- Mark T. MacMillan Memorial Prize (undergraduate Marine Biology students)
- Ken Norris Marine Mammal Research Award (focused on marine mammal research)
- William Beye Heald Scholarship Fund
How to apply
Completed applications and faculty recommendation letters must be submitted via the online forms by the posted deadline. Proposals that do not follow the eligibility requirements and guidelines will not be considered. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.