Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
METX Diversity & Inclusion Committee Mission Statement
The mission of the METX Diversity and Inclusion Committee is to promote access, equity, and excellence within the METX department. The Committee, comprised of two METX faculty members and two graduate students, aims to work with the METX community to
- identify diversity and inclusion strengths and weaknesses,
- develop passive and active opportunities for improvement, and
- enhance the effectiveness of these opportunities to promote inclusivity in our diverse department.
The overall goal of the Committee is to
- bring awareness to the METX community about concerns surrounding diversity and inclusion in our society and the scientific community,
- offer career development opportunities to trainees within the METX department, and
- work to address equity and inclusion issues that impact our scientific community.